Distance Education Cohorts (Hickory and Forsyth) and Off-Campus Students
- Send the final draft to the Program Associate, Elizabeth Fields, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Program Associate will print off one hard copy for the Graduate School
- The Program Associate will take the dissertation with the completed signature pages to the Graduate School
- The Graduate School will have an anonymous reader read the dissertation and add edits that need to be made before it is signed off by the Graduate School
- The Graduate School will email the candidate stating the dissertation is ready to be picked up -- the candidate needs to notify the Program Associate of the edited dissertation.
- Once notified, the Program Associate will pick up the edited dissertation, scan it and email it to the candidate.
- The candidate will make all edits as quickly as possible.
- The candidate will send the completed draft to the Program Associate at email@example.com
- The Program Associate will print off the completed draft.
- The Program Associate will take the completed draft and edited draft back to the Graduate School.
- Steps 4-10 will be repeated until all edits have been completed. At that point, the Graduate School will send an email to the candidate with instructions and forms to complete for dissertation binding.
- The candidate will follow all steps that are included in the email from the Graduate School. If help is needed in fulfilling the steps, the candidate will need to reach out to the Program Associate for assistance. Failure to finish the necessary steps by the final deadline will result in graduation being delayed until the following semester.
- The Graduate School requires each student to print out their own copies of their dissertation. Each copy will need to be printed, placed in an envelope with the information required by Sharron Grimes in the email referenced above.
The final bound copies will be sent to the Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership office. It generally takes 3-4 months for dissertations to be delivered. Communication will be sent out by the Program Associate once they are received by the office in order to schedule the pick up of each dissertation. One copy will be kept by the program.