Expressive Arts, Inquiry and Leadership
Concentration Requirements (outside of core) - number in parentheses represents credit hours:
- HPC 6360 - Therapy and the Expressive Arts (3)
- HPC 6370: Intermodal Expressive Arts (3)
- EDL 7900: Internship (3-6) *if a student takes 3 credit hours of internship they are required to take 18 credit hours of electives. If a student takes 6 credit hours of internship, they are required to take 15 credit hours of electives.
12-15* Credit Hours of Elective Courses - number in parentheses represents credit hours:
- HPC 5860: Dreamwork: Clinical Methods (3)
- HPC 5870: Creative Processes, Movement and Therapy (3)
- HPC 6340: Ecotherapy (3)
- HPC 6350: Body/Mind (3)
- HPC 6355: Mindfulness Based Counseling (3)
- HPC 6360: Therapy and Expressive Arts (3)
- HPC 6365: Expressive Arts Summer Institute (3-9)
- HPC 6366: EXA Child/ Adolescents (3-6)
- HPC 6380: Therapeutic Writing (3)
Students may request different graduate level courses by contacting the Doctoral Program Director.
In order to finish the coursework portion of the program within a 2 year timeframe, electives must be taken alongside core coursework or in summer sessions. If a student chooses to wait until the end to take electives, then the time needed to complete coursework will exceed two years.