Doctoral Student Enrichment Grant
The purpose of the doctoral enrichment fund is to support dissertation research and dissemination, within the broader context of the professional development of doctoral students as scholar/leaders. Award amounts may vary, depending on available funding. There is a maximum award of $300 per applicant.
Funding will be awarded for the following:
- Support to conduct dissertation (or related) research
- Travel to conferences to present research findings
- Students will submit a completed application form, accompanied by a brief (no more than 1 page) summary of the proposed activity, rationale for how the funding will support the student's scholarly work, and budget justification. Applicants should also note other efforts to obtain funding from the Graduate School or other sources.
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis in relation to available funding. Preference will be given to applicants who apply by November 1.
- The Doctoral Program Office will review applications and make recommendations for funding.
- Students awarded funding will be required to report on the use of the funds at the end of the funded activity.
The Reich College of Education's Graduate Scholarhip page will have information regarding the following scholarships:
- Alice Phoebe Naylor Outstanding Dissertation Award
- Rhododendron Society Scholarship
For further information regarding scholarships, please reach out to Stephanie Moretz; (email@example.com)
Please use the link above to find more information about the following awards:
- Graduate Student Government Association (GSGA) Research Materials and/or Presentation Travel Award
- Office of Student Research (OSR) Award
- Awards: Domer Research Award; Zigli Research Award; JVL Professional Development Award
University Scholarship & Grant Opportunities
Appalachian State University Office of Research provides support for Doctoral Students by making available to them a comprehensive grant and scholarship database at SPIN (Sponsored Programs Information Network). This database provides the opportunity for students to search for funding appropriate to specific areas of research. You can access SPIN on campus, or if you create and register your own log-in. There are videos to help you get started available.
For further assistance with funding opportunities please contact Grants Resources and Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).